Why Choose Golden Hour for your portraits?
What is golden hour?
Golden hour is the time approximately 1 hour after sunrise, or an hour before sunset when the sun is low in the sky, and everything looks, well…golden!
I love to make your look your best when you have your photo taken, because it’s not something you do everyday, and will be treasured for years to come by your family. I try to schedule sessions in the late afternoon (and sometimes early morning) as much as I can, because this is when the light will make you look fabulous!
Why is it great for portraits?
- The golden light makes everything look warm
- The light is softer and more diffused, which creates less contrast (think softer highlights and shadows). Bright light is quite harsh and unflattering, and creates squinty eyes (and no-one likes squinty eyes!)
- The low angle of the light creates longer shadows, which can look quite dramatic, as well as adding texture and depth
- At that time of day, the lighting changes quickly, which can add variety to your images
- I can create artistic effects such as lens flare, silhouettes, and rim lighting around the hair
So be prepared for your next session with Belle Images to be late in the afternoon, and be confident I am working to help you look fabulous! To book your session, call me on 0438 876 359, or to find out more about sessions, click here.